Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Putting that printer to work! And other updates

"Can we get a printer? I think we might need it, working from home and all... To print tax documents, coupons, etc"


And here we are, with a new machine/appliance in the house. The flip side is that I'm starting to print out more material, that I would otherwise consume in PDF-only form. For instance Lorn Song of the Bachelor, shown below. I even did a mild attempt at sew binding, and can say it's a pleasant result for a first try. Given how royally f*cked shipping expenses can get, especially when shipping things across continents or with drivethru, I have to get creative. Zines too.

Some things to improve in the future:
  • Heavier paper, to reduce bleeding.
  • Nicer tape for the spine.
  • Colored cardboard for the cover.




Have a few play reports in draft state, that will start coming in the next days.
I will play a session of Microscope with my regular group very shortly. The game has eluded me so far, and I'm very excited to give it a go.

On another note, I started churning a new system in a fresh Google Docs, parting ways with the comfortable Knave chassis we all have known to love. 4 stats instead of the canon 6, revamped Clerics as Godbinders, and very GLOG-y Wizards. Several pages into my notes, I reach to my copy of Macchiato Monsters, and realize it plays similar notes as to what I was trying to achieve.
I deleted my draft, because the last thing the TTRPG world needs is another (raw, quickly thrown together) game. Now I aim to play through Lorn Song with Macchiato Monsters as a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment