Wednesday, September 11, 2019

M for Motivation

And so it begins...

Finally a collected and motivated way to store all my thoughts and concerns regarding tabletop role-playing games. This blog will primarily focus on old D&D systems and their clones, and everything surrounding the tag OSR: Old School Essentials, Maze Rats/Knave, LotFP and others. Supplements, modules, adventures, random tables. You get the deal.

My bio, however, is quite unusual from most folks surrounding the tag. Although my suspicion is that there are plenty of new players ripe to try better games. I don't have 30+ years experience with the game. I don't remember past editions fondly. There were no RPGs in my life back then. I'm a Gen-5er, who was introduced to the game with the latest and "greatest". But I have seen the light. Had a revelation of sorts on just how mediocre the Hasbro adventures are for running as a Referee. The power creep of Marvel superheroes was starting to get to my nerves (good luck trying to nerf that with the usual 5e player).

So I decided to go where the grass is greener. So far the satisfaction levels are sublime. And let's continue assuming that the OSR label is interchangeable with old and more mortal D&D+DIY community.

At any rate, what to expect from my posts?
  • Rules, supplements and modules in review.
    So that I can spare you buying a sub-par product.
  • My own ideas/tables/ramblings.
    Useful material. If I find D20 different bat stews are useful for a game, maybe you do as well?
  • Play reports.
    Both recollections of what worked at the table, and some flourished prose.
  • Inspiration for our RPGs from other media.
    As a Referee I tend to plunder books, comics, tv shows, movies and the like.

And so it ends. Those are my Motivations for starting the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment